Update: March 1, 2022
Effective: March 1, 2022
The website and APP of Unitree Robotics are operated by Hangzhou Unitree Robotics Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Our registered address is: Room 306, Building 1, No. 88, Dongliu Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
Main points as follows:
i.We will explain the types of your personal information we collect and their corresponding uses, so that you can have a knowledge of types, reasons for use and collection methods of personal information we collect for a specific function.
ii.During use, we will not collect your sensitive information before obtaining your solely permission. Unless it is required by laws and regulations, refusal to provide such information will only prevent you from using specific functions, but will not affect your normal use of other functions of Unitree APP.
iii. At present, Unitree APP will not actively share or transfer your personal information to third parties. If there are other situations in which your personal information is shared or transferred or you need us to share or transfer your personal information to a third party, we will directly or confirm the third party obtains your solely permission for above behavior. In addition, we will conduct a risk assessment of the behavior of providing information to third parties.
iv. You can access, correct and delete your personal information through channels listed in this guideline, and you can also withdraw your permission, cancel your account, make complaints and set up privacy.
Please read corresponding chapters below for more details：
I. How we collect and use your personal information
II. How we entrust, share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information
III. How we store your personal information
IV. How we protect your personal information
V. Your individual subject rights
VI. Third party service provider
VIII. Minor clause
IX. Update of this policy
XI. How to contact us
XII. Supplementary Provisions
I. How we collect and use your personal information
We will collect and use your personal information in accordance with the principles of legitimacy, lawfulness, transparency and minimum necessity and for the purposes described in this policy when we provide services.
（A）Basic function services
The basic function of this APP is to provide free training courses that can be used indoors.
（B）Extended function service
This APP has extended functions related to community, physical testing, smart hardware, and on-site activities.
We may need to collect the following information from you when you use experience or extended functional services, so as to provide you with better products and smart services. If you refuse to provide them, you will not be able to enjoy the corresponding functions and services.
1.1 Register and login
1.1.1 When you register and log in to our APP, you can create an account through your phone number, and then complete relevant personal information (including avatar, nickname), which are collected to help you complete the registration. You can also fill in gender, birthday, region and personal introduction to perfect your information according to your own needs。
1.1.2 You can also log in with a third-party account if you authorize us to obtain your public information (avatar, nickname, phone number (will be encrypted)) registered on the third-party platform, and use it to bind our APP account, so that you can log in directly and access our product and related services.
According to relevant laws and regulations, you may need to provide your real ID (phone number) to complete real-name verification when using the authentication function or related services. This part of the information is sensitive and you can refuse to provide it. If you refuse to provide, you may not be able to access related services, but it will not affect other functions and services. It depends on you whether to conduct real-name authentication reference to related function settings.
1.3 Account security and troubleshooting
During use, in order to understand product suitability, ensure the security of your account and system operation, judge your account risks, make sure we provide you with normal services, and collect statistics and troubleshoot abnormal information, we will collect information about the services you use and how you use them. Such information includes：
1.3.1 Device Information
We will receive and record information about the equipment you use according to your specific permissions in software installation and/or authorization, including your device model, operation system version, device settings, mobile device version, device ID (including IMEI, AndroidID, OAID, IMSI, ICCID, GAID, MEID, AAID, VAID), screen resolution, device environment and other feature information, device location (including IP address, GPS location, and WLAN, Bluetooth and base station sensor that can provide relevant information). If you refuse to grant us your permission, we will not collect the above information from you.
1.3.2 log information
a. Device or software information, including configuration provided by your mobile device, web browser or other program used to access our services, your IP address and the version and device ID of your mobile device (including IMEI, AndroidID, OAID, IMSI, ICCID, GAID, MEID, AAID, VAID)；
b. Information searched for or viewed while using our services, including searched web terms, URL addresses of social media you visit, and other information and content you view or request while using our services；
1.3.3 IP address
a. Information about the applications (APPs) and other software you have used, and records of your usage；
b. Your communication information through our services, including the account number, time, data and duration；
c. Information (metadata) contained in the content you share through our Services, including photos or videos taken or uploaded and the date, time or location of those videos.
If you already have some hardware devices (whether the brand is Unitree or not) and you can synchronize the information recorded by them to our APP through the Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth off will only make you unable to use the function, but not affect your normal use of other functions. You can also cancel this permission at any time through the settings, instead, we will no longer collect the information, and we will no longer be able to provide you with the above-mentioned services. Unless you delete your information in accordance with laws, your cancellation will not affect our process and storage of information based on your previous authorization.
We will collect the text and pictures of your comments in the community. We hereby remind you that your comments are published publicly. If personal information involved, it will bring you some risks. Therefore, please consider carefully in your comments whether to share or even publicly share your information when using our services. If the information you published publicly involves other persons or children's personal information, you need to obtain the consent of the person or the guardian of the child before publishing.
1.6 Exercise data synchronization
Fully informing you the third party software of the movement data type synchronized to Unitree APP and obtaining your authorization, we will obtain the exercise data generated by the third-party software and synchronize it to your Unitree APP account.
（C）Permissions obtained by Unitree APP
1. Storage permission
In order to provide you with a full range of experience, with your authorization, our APP will encrypt and upload videos you actively upload or take, pictures, saved dynamics and avatars to the server for external storage; it may collect software and version data from your equipment, and encrypt and upload to the server for processing and storage. You can also deny/cancel this permission at any time through function settings. Refusal to provide this permission will only make you unable to use the above functions, but will not affect the normal use of other functions and services of our APP; however, we will no longer collect the information, and we will no longer be able to provide you with the above-mentioned services. Unless you delete your information in accordance with laws, your cancellation will not affect our process and storage of information based on your previous authorization.
2. Camera permission
When you scan QR code, take photos, save dynamics and avatars, and shoot videos, we will access the camera permissions of your device, and read the data of images and videos you upload to us. Refusal to provide this permission will only make you unable to use the above functions, but will not affect the normal use of other functions and services of our APP; however, we will no longer collect the information, and we will no longer be able to provide you with the above-mentioned services. Unless you delete your information in accordance with laws, your cancellation will not affect our process and storage of information based on your previous authorization.
3. Location permission
You can turn on the positioning function and access related services we provide based on location information (including outdoor running, walking, and cycling). Of course, you can also stop our information collection at any time by turning off the positioning function. You may allow us to access your activity and exercise records to record your step frequency and count. You can also cancel this permission at any time through the settings. Instead, we will no longer collect the information, and we will no longer be able to provide you with the above-mentioned services. Unless you delete your information in accordance with laws, your cancellation will not affect our process and storage of information based on your previous authorization.
We may also collect other information that cannot identify a specific individual and is not personal information, such as statistical data generated when you use specific services. The purpose of collecting this information is to improve the services we provide to you. The type and amount of information collected depends on how you use our products or services.
（E）According to relevant laws, regulations and national standards, we may collect and use your personal information without your authorization in the following situations：
1. Necessary for the conclusion and performance of a contract in which an individual act as a party, or necessary for the implementation of human resources management in accordance with labor rules and regulations legally formulated and collective contracts legally signed；
2. Necessary to perform legal duties or obligations；
3. Necessary to respond to public health emergencies, or to protect life, health and property security of natural persons in emergencies；
4. Carry out news reports, public opinion supervision and other acts for the public interest, and process personal information within a reasonable range；
5 Handle personal information that has been disclosed by individuals themselves or that has been legally disclosed in accordance with this law and within a reasonable scope；
6. Other circumstances stipulated by laws and administrative regulations.
1. Do not show you ads based on sensitive categories such as race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
2. Do not share information that can identify you, such as your name or email address, with advertisers (unless with your consent)；
3. At no time and under any circumstances will your personal information be transferred or shared with a third party. We will only use the information obtained under this agreement to the extent permitted by law. We will formulate strict policies to protect your personal information, and will not disclose or provide it to third parties unless we obtain your authorization in advance or as otherwise provided in this statement.
4. Third-party services in Unitree APP are provided by external entities, and our APP cannot obtain the information generated when you use such third-party services. However, the third party will obtain your terminal location through our APP interface if the third party have expressly obtained your permission. The information is sensitive, and the refusal to provide it will only make you unable to use third-party services, but will not affect your normal use of our APP.
Please understand that the functions and services we provide to you are constantly updated and developed. If a function or service is not in the above description and your information is collected, we will separately explain to you the content, scope and purpose of information collection by page prompts, interactive processes, website announcements, etc.
Please note that if processing activities of your personal information required by Unitree APP to carry out business exceed the scope of your authorization and consent when you originally provided to a third party, we will obtain your express consent before our activities. In addition, we will strictly abide by the relevant laws and regulations, and require third parties to ensure the legality of the information they provide.
5. We will not provide your personal information to anyone except with your solely consent.
II、How we entrust, share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information
1. Entrust the processing of your personal information
To improve efficiency and reduce costs, we may entrust related parties to process information on our behalf. For example, we will hire our related parties to provide us with infrastructure technical services and customer support services. For companies, organizations and individuals that we entrust, we will require them to comply with strict confidentiality obligations and take effective measures through written agreements and on-site audits, requiring them to only process your information within the scope of the entrustment, and not to use your information for its own benefit, and monitoring processing activities of the trustee. When the entrustment contract is ineffective, invalid, revoked or terminated, we will require trustees to return or delete the related personal information without retaining it. Our trustees include:
1.1 Authorized partners of statistical services: statistical partners will use SDK (software program development kit) in the services we provide, and may access information such as your network type, WiFi information, IDFA, IDFV, but will not collect your personal identity information. This information is used to help us analyze the usage of product features to better improve our products and/or services and further improve your user experience.
Except the personal information we actively collect, for the texts, photos and videos you upload through Unitree APP, and the information uploaded during the use of social network, we only store them on the server as data. In accordance with the "Network Security Law" " Personal Information Protection Act”and other laws, regulations and regulatory policies, we will not collect your information for other business purposes or sharing, while, when it meets relevant national laws and regulations and its policy requirements or the requirements of relevant national departments, we will use your information within the scope permitted by law, such as retrieving and screening your information for content that does not comply with laws, regulations, public order and good customs, etc., and submit suspected violations to relevant state departments.
Please consider cautiously the content uploaded, published and communicated through our services. In some cases, you can control the range of users who have the right to view your shared information through privacy settings. You can delete the information you upload, post or share by yourself. If you need us to delete your relevant information, please contact us. We will check and process it within 15 workdays after receipt.
We will not provide your personal information to other personal information processors. In the following cases, we may provide your personal information to them, and we will inform you of the name and contact information of the recipient, the purpose, the processing method and the type of personal information involved in a single scenario by means of a pop-up window or an added notification, and obtain your solely consent.
Share with third-party service providers and business partners
We guarantee that we will only share personal information necessary to provide you with services for legitimate, lawful, necessary, specific and explicit purposes. Unitree APP will conduct due diligence and sign contracts to ensure that third-party service providers comply with relevant national laws, regulations and policy or the requirements of relevant national departments. Third-party service providers may also have their sub-processors.
Authorized marketing partners: When you decide to participate in marketing activities held by us, you need to provide your name, mail address, contact information, and bank account as needs of the activity, so that the third-party logistics company can provide you with prizes in a timely manner. With your solely consent, we will share the above information with third parties so that for that purpose.
We may also share information (non-personal information) in an aggregated form with third parties (such as with our advertisers) in order to provide measurement, analytic and other business services. We use the information we hold to help advertisers and other partners evaluate the effectiveness and coverage of their ads and services, and to understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services. We may also share with them general usage trends of our Services, such as the number of customers in a particular group of people who purchase certain products or engage in certain transactions.
In regard to third-party services, we may access third-party SDK services and share some of your information collected in accordance with this policy with such third-party to improve customer service and user experience.
If you want to withdraw your consent to share information, you have right to change your authorization through relevant function settings. The refusal will only make you unable to use the function for which the authorization has been withdrawn, but will not affect the normal use of other functions and services; however, after that, we will no longer collect the information and will not be able to provide you with relevant services any more. Unless you delete your information in accordance with laws, your cancellation will not affect the storage or processing of our information based on your previous authorization.
If we need to transfer personal information due to merger, division, dissolution, bankruptcy, etc., we will inform you of recipient's name or contact information, and require the recipient to continue to perform the obligations, such as receiving. If the original processing purpose and method are changed, we will require the recipient to obtain your consent again.
4. Public disclosure
We will not disclose your personal information without your solely consent.
III、How we store your personal information
1. Where information is stored
We store information obtained from the People's Republic of China within the country. Currently, we will not transfer your personal information overseas.
2. Duration of Information Storage
We are committed to store your personal information for a reasonably period in accordance with the law. After the above period, we will delete your personal information.
We will notify you in the form of announcements and delete your personal information within a reasonable period of time when our products or services stop operating.
IV、How we protect your personal information
1. We strive to provide security for users' information security to prevent information leakage, loss, improper use, unauthorized access and disclosure, etc. We will use multi-faceted security protection measures to ensure that the protection is at a reasonable level, including technical protection means, management system control, security system guarantee and many other aspects.
2. In order to protect your personal information, we will strive to take various industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information and to minimize risks of the loss, damage, theft, disclosure, unauthorized access, use, disclosure and change of your personal information. We will use a variety of security safeguards to keep information secure within a reasonable level, including：
(1）Ensure that your data remains private during transmission by encryption technology (such as TLS), anonymization, etc.; (2) Provide a variety of features to help you protect your account; (3) Review our collection, storage and processing practices (including physical security measures) to prevent unauthorized personnel from accessing our systems; (4) All Unitree employees, contractors and agents, etc. who must access personal information for the provision of services , all need to abide by the strict confidentiality obligations stipulated in the contract, otherwise they will be punished or terminated; (5) We have established a data classification and grading system, data security management specifications, and data security development specifications to manage and regulate the storage and use of personal information. Make sure that no personal information that is not related to the services we provide is collected.
3. Your account has security protection functions, please keep your account and password information properly. Unitree will ensure that your information will not be lost, abused and altered through security measures such as backing up to other servers and encrypting user passwords. Although the above reasonable and effective measures have been taken and the standards required by relevant laws and regulations have been complied with, please understand that due to technical limitations and various malicious means that may exist, in the Internet industry, even if we do our best, It is not always possible to guarantee an absolute security of information, and we will do our best to ensure the security of the personal information you provide to us. Please acknowledge and understand that the system and communication network you use to access our services may have problems due to factors beyond our control. Therefore, in order to prevent the occurrence of safety accidents, we have formulated appropriate forewarning mechanisms and emergency plans in accordance with laws and regulations. If a security incident does occur, we will inform you by email, telephone, etc. in a timely manner. When it is difficult to inform the subject one by one, we will take a reasonable and effective way to publish an announcement. At the same time, we will actively report the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with the requirements of regulatory authorities, and closely cooperate with government agencies. We strongly recommend that you pay full attention to the protection of personal information when using our products and services, and take active measures to protect your personal information, including but not limited to using complex passwords, changing passwords regularly, and not disclosing your account password and other personal information to others. We will also provide a variety of security features to help you keep your personal information safe.
4. We adopt industry-leading technical protection measures, including but not limited to network firewalls, encryption (such as TLS), de-identification or anonymization, access control measures, host network isolation, etc. In addition, we will continue to enhance the security capabilities of the software installed on your device. For example, we encrypt some information locally on your device to consolidate secure transmission.
5. We strictly limit the scope of personnel who access information, require them to comply with confidentiality obligations and conduct audits, and those who violate the obligations will be punished according to regulations. We will also review our management system, process and organization to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of user information. We recommend that you pay full attention to the protection of personal information when using our products and services, and we will also provide a variety of security features to help you protect your personal information.
6. What can you do?
By not disclosing your login password or account information to others (unless the person is officially authorized by you), setting a unique password for Unitree APP, you can prevent password leakage of other websites from endangering the account security of Unitree APP. Please do not disclose the verification code to anyone at any time (including those who claim to be the customer service of Unitree APP). Whenever you log in to Unitree APP as our user, especially through others’ computer, mobile phone or public Internet terminal, you should always log out at the end of the use.
Unitree APP is not responsible for security omissions caused by third parties accessing your personal information due to your failure to maintain the privacy of your personal information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you should notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account by any other user or of any other security breach.
Your assistance will help us protect the your privacy.
V、Your individual subject rights
We attach great importance to the management of your personal information, and do our best to protect your rights to inquire, update, change, export, delete and withdraw consent, so that you have the full ability to maintain your privacy and personal information security.
1. When you use our products and services, you will be required to provide your real personal information, you should be responsible for the authenticity, legality, validity and completeness of the information you provide, and update and maintain your personal information in a timely manner , to ensure the authenticity, legality and validity of the information. You can manage your personal information at any time, such as your personal account registration information.
2. Through the design of the interactive interface, we provide you with a channel for accessing, querying and correcting relevant personal information. You can set it in the following ways：
2.2.1 You can access and correct your personal data through relevant function settings, including avatar, nickname, gender, birthday, city, profile；
2.2.2 You can set, access, and correct relevant information through related functions, including system notifications, message notifications, exercise reminders, and course presentations.
3. You can delete your content or personal information from your account by yourself, or ask us to do that. For example, if you want to delete your personal account, you can contact us and make your request. We will contact you to do verification and process it within 15 workdays after the reception.
4. In some cases, we retain data for a limited period of time for legal purposes or legitimate business needs. We will try our best to ensure that our services can protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Therefore, if you delete something, we may delete a copy of it from our current and backup systems within 15 workdays.
5. You can copy or export the content of your personal account at any time or use it for non-unitree services. You can contact us and make your request. We will contact you to do verification and process it within 15 workdays after the reception.
6. Withdraw consent
You may submit a request to withdraw consent previously granted to us for specific purposes, including the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control. You can perform related operations by visiting Unitree APP account management center or contacting us. We will process your request within a reasonable time and will, in accordance with your request, no longer collect, use and/or disclose your personal information.
Your withdrawal of consent, depending on the scope, may cause you to no longer be able to enjoy the products or services of Unitree APP. However, your decision to withdraw your consent or authorization will not affect the validity of our previous processing of your personal information based on your consent.
7. Cancel service or account
You can cancel a specific product or service through relevant function settings. When you cancel your account, we will delete your personal information.
You will not be able to use all of products or services of Unitree APP because of the operation of canceling the account. Please treat with caution.
8. Respond to your request
For security, we will process your request in a timely manner after verifying your identity. For your reasonable requests, we do not charge fees in principle, but for requests that are repeated and exceed a reasonable limit, we will charge a certain cost depending on the situation.
We may reject requests that require excessive technical means (for example, the need to develop new systems or fundamentally change existing practices), pose risks to the legitimate rights and interests of others, or are highly impractical.
VI、Third party service provider
Purpose: Share the information users like to WeChat, QQ, Weibo and other platforms
Data type: Device information (IMEI/MAC/Android ID/IDFA/OpenUDID/GUID/SIM card IMSI), location, application installation list, etc.
Purpose: Statistical analysis
Data type: Device information (Android_id, IMSI) location, application installation list, etc.
WeChat Open Platform SDK
Purpose: Access to WeChat open platform SDK, support WeChat sharing
Data Type: Device identification information
QQ Share SDK
Purpose: Help users share content to third-party applications
Data Type: Device identification information
Cookies are small files containing strings of characters that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies allow the website to recognize your browser when you visit the website again. Cookies can also store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or to prompt when cookies are being sent. However, some website features or services may not work properly without cookies.
1. Ensure products and services operated safely and efficiently
We may set cookies or anonymous identifiers for authentication and security, so that we can confirm whether you log in to the service safely, or whether you have encountered illegal acts such as theft or fraud. These technologies will also help us improve service efficiency and improve login and responsiveness.
2. Help you have an easier access experience
Using such technologies can help you save the steps and processes of repeatedly filling in personal information and entering search content, such as implementing a one-click login process, recording your search history.
3. Recommend and show you content that may be of interest
4. Log file
Like most websites, we collect certain information and store it in log files. Such information may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time and/or clickstream data. We do not correlate log data automatically collected with other information we collect.
5. Mobile analysis
In some mobile applications, we use mobile analysis software to better understand how our mobile software functions in your phone. This software may log information such as how often you use the app, events that occur within the app, cumulative usage, performance data, and where app crashes occur. We do not associate the information stored within the analysis software with any personal information you submit in mobile applications.
6. Local Storage - HTML5/Flash
We use Local Storage Objects (LSO), such as HTML5 or Flash, to store content. Third parties that cooperate with us to provide some functions on our APP, or place advertisements based on your browsing behavior will also collect and store relevant information through HTML5 or Flash cookies. Various browsers provide their own management tools to delete HTML5 LSO.
We use the clipboard function on mobile phone to collect user source by reading specific information related to Unitree APP, which will help us do better at statistics and content recommendation. We will not associate the information collected here with that you submit in the mobile application.
1. General Terms
1.2 We protect the personal information of minors in accordance with relevant national laws and regulations, and will only collect, use, share or disclose minors’ personal information when permitted by law, with the explicit consent of their parents or other guardians, or when necessary to protect minors; if we become aware that personal information from a minor has been collected without the prior consent of a verifiable parent or other guardian, we will seek to delete the relevant information as soon as possible.
1.3 We believe that it is the parent or guardian's responsibility to monitor children's use of our products or services. Our products, websites and services are primarily intended for adults and do not provide services directly to minors, and will not use minors' personal information for marketing purposes. If you, as a parent or guardian of a minor, have questions about the personal information of the minor under your supervision, or think that the minor has submitted personal information to Unitree APP, please contact us in time.
IX、Updates to this policy
Material changes referred to in this policy include but are not limited to：
1.1 Material changes to our product and/or service model, such as the purpose of processing personal information, the type of personal information processed, the way of using personal information, etc.；
1.2 Significant changes in ownership, organizational structure, etc., such as changes in owners caused by business adjustments, bankruptcy mergers, etc.；
1.3 Changes in the main objects of personal information sharing, transfer or public disclosure；
1.4 Material changes to your rights to participate in the processing of personal information and the way they are exercised；
1.5 Changes in our responsible department, contact information and complaint channel for handling personal information security；
1.6 The assessment report of personal information security indicates that there is a high risk.
Your agreeing and continuing to use Unitree APP means that you agree to the contents of this policy (including the updated version). If not, please stop using Unitree APP immediately.
2. You can decide whether to change your authorization behavior through the relevant function settings during use. However, when you cancel the authorization, we will no longer provide you with the collection of this information, nor will we be able to provide you with function services upgraded and extended, and will only provide you with basic function services.
XI、How to contact us
You can contact us in the following ways：
1. You can contact us through the online customer service of Unitree APP when you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the content of this policy；
2. You can make a complaint through Unitree APP when you find your personal information may be leaked. We will contact you within 15 workdays to complete the verification and processing；
3. We have also set up a department for personal information protection. You can contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (4006266518), and we will contact you within 15 workdays to complete the verification and processing。
The interpretation and dispute resolution of this policy shall be governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China. Any dispute related to this policy shall be resolved through friendly negotiation between two parties; if it cannot be resolved through negotiation, you hereby agree to submit the dispute to the People's Court of Binjiang District, Hangzhou City.
The provision will be removed from this policy if any court of competent jurisdiction finds or determines it is invalid. But the invalidity of that provision does not affect the validity of remaining ones. The remainder of this policy will continue to apply。
The headlines of this policy are designed for convenience and do not affect the meaning or interpretation of any provision of this policy.